Wednesday, July 16, 2014

DIY Summer Beach Bag by Shabby Chicks

Hey y'all.......
 I have a super cute project to show you!
Yesterday, I made an adorable beach bag and I am in LOVE with it!
(hope you like it too:)

I first saw a bag like this somewhere online for $78.00.
I wish I knew where I saw it:(
Anyway, the other day I visited one of my favorite blogs,
toriejayne.com, and she had a blog post with instructions for making one of 
these cute bags.
Shazam!!!
I ordered a straw french market bag from Amazon and went to work.
It was so simple!
All you need is an oversized straw bag, white primer paint, 
a sponge brush and regular paint brushes, a star stencil, Martha Stewart
acrylic paint and you're good to go!
Step 1........using a sponge brush, paint the bag with white primer paint.
Step 2.......Using a stencil, outline the star with pencil and brush paint
around the shape.  
I used Martha Stewart paint in Beach Glass.
After the bag was painted, I tried to soften it a bit by 
lightly brushing a glaze over it.
(I used soft blue pearl paint from Martha S.)
Let it all dry and that's it!
I'm so in love with this bag, I want one in every color:)
Try it for yourself.......you'll be so happy you did!
XOXOXOXO
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do ya think? Do tell...I'd love to hear it:) Be Happy...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Blog Top Sites